Located in the heart of the Boulogne forest, Hotel Le Prieuré de Boulogne offers you an invitation to relax and enjoy a moment of freedom . Its exceptional location in the middle of the forest gives you direct access to miles of hiking and biking trails.
In the immediate vicinity, you can reach the main local tourist destinations :
Le Prieuré de Boulogne will be happy to provide you with information and brochures to help you prepare for your visit.
- A Just 5 minutes from the hotel by car, the famous Max Vauché chocolate factory. A gourmet break in the heart of the village of Bracieux where you can visit and taste the specialities of the chocolatier-creator. You can also enjoy the workshop and the choco’bar with friends or family.
- A 5 minutes from the hotel by car, the Castle of Villesavin, the “construction site hut of Chambord” in Tour-en-Sologne. Built during the 16th century by François 1er’s secretary, the lord of Villandry, Jean le Breton. This typical Renaissance château opens its doors to you from 1st March to 15th of November. Full of history, you can admire and enjoy its museums, English gardens and activities specially designed for the little ones.
- Only 15 minutes away by car, the Chambord castle is truly the symbol of the power of King Francis 1st. With its unique architecture blending French and Italian influences, the Château de Chambord is one of the region’s must-see tourist attractions.
During your visit, you won’t want to miss out on its double-revolution staircase which contributed to Chambord’s renown, a real architectural curiosity to discover!
Finally, French gardens illuminate the Domaine national de Chambord, which is also part of the Unesco world heritage site.
- 15 minutes by car from the hotel, discover the Cheverny castle, one of the largest castles in Loire Valley, still inhabited by the same family, who have owned the property for over six centuries. With its remarkably well-preserved interiors and furnishings, it is a true testament to the French art of living of the time. As the Château is the model for Tintin’s Château de Moulinsart, a dedicated museum will delight all ages.
- 20 minutes by car, Blois castle takes you on a journey through time. Between art history and the history of the Loire castles, come and discover the lives of 7 kings and 10 queens of France. Built between the 9th and 17th centuries, the château overlooks the town of Blois, and bears witness to the great eras of French architecture.
- Just 55 minutes away by car, you can discover France’s largest animal park, Beauval Zoo. Now ranked as the 4th most beautiful zoo in the world, it is one of the most popular destinations in the country for discovering rare and magnificent animal species.